Download the free Moagu installer (about 40 MB in size) using the links below. The program will run in demo mode until purchased, to let you test out the program’s capabilities before purchase. Limitations of demo mode:
- Maps will cover one large image tile (about two square miles at the highest zoom level, four square miles at the lowest zoom).
- A festive red border will be added to the edge of the image tile.
- A pop-up will appear every time you start the program, reminding you of its unregistered demo status.
- BMaP2MP maps can’t be tiled, and use only the central 1000 x 1000 pixel area of a map
- The unregistered status will be indicated by a message at the bottom.
The help file, accessible from both the program and the Start Menu, has full instructions and tutorials to help you get started. If you decide to purchase the program ($9.95), this is done from within the program itself.
Download Site 1 – Moagu
(In Windows 7, ignore the popup that suggests the program may not have installed properly.)
Moagu will only run correctly if installed in the default “C:\Program Files\Moagu” directory on a computer where Windows is installed on the C-drive, in an account with Admin privileges; this is the overwhelming majority of all computers running Windows. If you’re not sure, be sure to try it in demo mode before purchase.
Note: Before installing Moagu, you should also download and install the free Garmin map compiler cgpsmapper, available at the cgpmapper website; Moagu won’t run unless this program is already installed on your computer. Make sure you download the full install of the free version. If you want to use the free MapSet Toolkit program to install Moagu maps in MapSource/Basecamp, you can obtain that at this link. Note: If you have problems installing mapsets into MapSource/Basecamp, see this page for info. You should also have the latest version of Java installed on your system (1.6); check the Java website to make sure.
- Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
- At least 1 GB MB of RAM in XP, 1.5 GB in Vista/7; more is preferable, especially for large images
- 1.6 GHz or faster Pentium; Dual-core or quad-core preferred
- 150 MB free disk space for installation.
- Account with administrator privileges (needed to run some subutility programs)
Buying The Program: The price is $9.95, and all future upgrades are free. The purchasing process is started from the program itself, so you’ll need to have downloaded and installed the demo version first. Use the “Buy The Program” menu item, which appears at the upper left in the program menu after you install and run it, to start the purchasing process. You’ll need a major credit/debit card and an Internet connection to complete the purchase. The registration should remove the demo restrictions immediately, but if it doesn’t, exit the program and restart it.
Having problems registering the program through the eSellerate purchase wizard? Try turning off your firewall temporarily. You can also register the program on a different computer, then contact me for information on how to transfer the registration to your main computer (but you’ll need a good Internet connection, and no firewall issues).